Of Bamboo and Moths

 

Bamboo and a moth

One day, a couple of weeks after arriving in Japan, I decided to go and explore the city where I lived, beyond the few places I already knew. I discovered that there were more natural places, parks, and greenery than I thought at first, and I liked my place even more. That is when I spotted this little bamboo grove where a moth  had stopped its flight. I find the sight of bamboo quite soothing and refreshing, and bathing in its greenish shades feelt as I had travelled to a different unearthly land. However, what drove me to take this picture was the little moth that was resting on it. It draw my attention as soon as I saw it, and I had to photograph it. Moths are beautiful, are not they?

 〜〜〜

Un día, unas semanas después de haber llegado a Japón, decidí ir a explorar la ciudad en la que vivía, más allá de los cuatro lugares que ya conocía. Así, me di cuenta que había mucha más naturaleza de la que en un principio había supuesto, con gran abundancia de parques y zonas verdes, lo que me enamoró aún más de aquel lugar. Durante aquel paseo de exploración descubrí esta pequeña agrupación de grandes tallos de bambú, adonde una polilla había ido a posarse. Yo encuentro que el bambú es relajante y refrescante, y bañarse en el verdor de su sombra es como entrar en un mundo fantástico. No obstante, lo que me hizo tomar esta foto no fue el bambú, sino la pequeña polilla que descansaba en uno de los tallos. Me llamó la atención en cuanto la vi, y tuve que fotografiarla. ¿No os parece que las polillas son hermosas?

 〜〜〜

ある日、日本に来日した数週間後、私に住んでた街の周りを探検しようと思いました。思ったより公園や自然などは多くて、とても気に入りました。探検中で、この小さい竹の森で止まった蛾を発見しました。私にとって、竹の森は穏やかだし、爽やかだし、竹の影に入ると、つい妖精の世界に移動しちゃった感じがします。しかし、竹はともかく、この写真を撮ったのはこの蛾がいたからです。非常に目を引いて、写真を撮らずを得なかったです。蛾は綺麗ですからね。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Shirakawa-go (1)

Modern in Antique